Length of Unemployment (If Unemployed)
Choose your type of benefits, if none apply please leave blank
Where do you live when not in Education?
Will you have lived continuously in the UK for more than 3 years on the first day of your course?
Please indicate your Residency Status
Fees & Funding Eligibility
Please read the information below before answering this question
How do you intend to pay? (Select One)
The Fees for this course are :
You may be eligible for a fee remission or reduction - please read the following information
NOTE: We are not funded to deliver any course(s) you are enrolling on if you have already studied for the course at the same level before in the last 3 years anywhere in the UK.
When we have checked our database, if it is found that you have enrolled for and attended the course/level before at any institution within the UK, we will remove you from the course immediately and invoice you to recuperate the full cost of the course.
You are entitled to a free course if:
- If you are aged 23 or under, and you have not previously achieved a first full qualification at level 2 - you are entitled to a free course if the course you are applying for is Level 2
- If you are aged 23 or under, and you have not previously achieved a first full qualification at level 3 - you are entitled to a free course if the course you are applying for is Level 3
- If you are over 19 - and the course is eligible for a Lifetime skills offer - and you have not previously achieved a first full qualification at level 3 - you are entitled to a free course if the course you are applying for is Level 3
- If the course you are applying for is English and you do not hold English GCSE (or equivalent) at a grade C or 4, you are entitled to funding for English
- If the course you are applying for is Maths and you do not hold Maths GCSE (or equivalent) at a grade C or 4, you are entitled to funding for Maths
- if the course is Adult Basic Skills (inc Pre-entry ESOL)
- In receipt of Job Seeker’s Allowance
- In receipt of Employment & Support Allowance
- Claiming Universal Credit for less than £343 per month (joint claim £549 and are determined by JCP to be in a work related group
- Asylum Seekers Section 95 Support
- Earning less than the London Living Wage of £21,157.50
You are entitled a 50% reduction if you are a Newham resident and fall into one or more of the following categories:
- Claim PIP (Disability Allowance)
- State Old Age Pension Age
- Claim Council Tax Benefit
- Claim Housing Benefit
- Claim Income Support
- Claim Working Tax Credit with a household income of less than £21,157.50 per annum
- Claim Universal Credit and earn over £343 per month (joint claim £549 and are determined by JCP to be in a work related group
- Carers Allowance
If you are not a Newham resident and you
- Are of the State Old Age Pension Age
For many courses you will also be required to pay your examination fees and a contribution to resource costs. The full course cost will be made clear to you at the time of enrolment. Please note fees must be paid in full at the time of enrolment.
Please make sure you have filled in which benefits you collect in the Employment Area above, and upload the relevant documents at the end of the form
Please upload 1 form of Identification
Accepted forms of Identification:
- Current signed passport
- Original birth certificate (UK birth certificate issued within 12 months of the date of birth in full form including those issued by UK authorities overseas such as Embassies High Commissions and HM Forces)
- Current UK photocard driving licence
- Full old-style driving licence
- Residence permit issued by the Home Office to EEA nationals on sight of own country passport
- National identity card bearing a photograph of the applicant
You will also need to upload specific evidence for your Funding Declaration - please see the table below for what you should upload:
NOTE: If you are uploading evidence, it must be recent document from within the last 12 months, or it clearly shows future expiration dates, we will not accept expired documentation
To evidence your eligibility:
||Evidence to Upload
|My Employer is Paying my Fees
||Please provide a Purchase Order, or letter of Confirmation from the Employer
|I earn less than £21,157.50 annual gross salary
||Please provide a P60, Payslip or Bank Statement, Current Employment Contract or Universal Credit Statement
|I receive Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA) including those receiving National Insurance credits only
||Please provide a copy of your award notice or JSA payment confirmation
|I receive Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
||Please provide your ESA award notice
|I receive Universal Credit
||Please provide a pay reference, or screenshot from the Universal Credit account, clearly showing your name
|I receive other state benefits
||Please provide evidence of income from other state benefits, or confirmation letter
|I am using an Student Loan to fund this course
||Please provide evidence of your loan confirmation letter
|I receive Universal Credit
||Please provide a screenshot of your standard allowance to confirm whether you can have a reduction or the full cost reduced
Learning Agreement Declaration
- I confirm that before signing this form I have read the Data Protection policy and privacy notice and consent to Our Newham Learning and Skills processing my personal data including any sensitive data in accordance with the data protection principles.
- I confirm that I have received, read and agree to abide by the terms and conditions of enrolment, I agree that all of the information on this form is correct.
- I confirm that I have received appropriate advice and guidance prior to enrolling on this course and I understand that if I am 16 to 18 years old then English, maths and work experience form mandatory elements of my study programme and I will be required to undertake each of these where appropriate.
Our Newham Learning and Skills will
- Send you information about your course. However we would also like to send you information about other learning opportunities, courses and events.
- If you wish to receive this information please let us know by ticking the boxes below
Where your employer has directly funded your course Our Newham Learning and Skills will:
- provide my employer details of my educational records including but not limited to attendance, achievement and modular outcomes. Certificates of achievement may be sent, by Our Newham Learning and Skills, to my employer who will forward it on to me.
ESFA Privacy Notice
This privacy notice is issued by the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) on behalf of the Secretary of State for the Department of Education (DfE) to inform learners about the Individualised Learner Record (ILR) and how their personal information is used in the ILR. Your personal information is used by the DfE to exercise our functions under article 6(1)(e) of the UK GDPR and to meet our statutory responsibilities, including under the Apprenticeships, Skills, Children and Learning Act 2009
Please see the full privacy notice here: https://guidance.submitlearnerdatabeta.fasst.org.uk/ilrprivacynotice
will only be considered for students who withdraw before the fourth week of their course. In the event of a refund being given, a £10 administration fee will be retained from the course fee. In accordance with audit requirements, a refund must be applied for in person with the original receipt given for the fee. If the receipt is lost then the person must apply in writing for a refund
Refunds will be made by cheque (cash refunds are not given) and posted to the student by the London Borough of Newham. However, if you paid by credit/debit card, we will need your card details again to make the refund because we do not keep card details on file.
From time to time photographic and other recordings of students and their work may be made for examination assessments or for publicity purposes. In signing this enrolment form you agree to these recordings taken place whilst you are undertaking activities with us.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, we need your consent before we can use your personal data. Most of our courses are funded by the Government through the Greater London Authority (GLA) and/or Education Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) therefore we need your consent. Please sign and date the form in the space provided.
Your personal and enrolment data will be processed electronically onto a database. This is governed by the Data Protection Act 1998 (see below). A paper enrolment form and learning agreement will be kept securely in accordance with audit requirements.
Greater London Authority/Education Skills Funding Agency and how we use your personal information.
Data Protection Act 1988
The personal information you provide is passed to the Chief Executive of Greater London Authority (GLA) and the Education Skills Funding Agency (ESFA). The GLA/ESFA are responsible for funding, planning and encouraging education and training for young people and adults in England and is registered under the Data Protection Act 1988. The information you provide will be shared with other organisations for the purpose of administration, careers and other guidance, and statistical and research purposes. Other organisations with which we will share the information include, the Department for Innovation, Universities and Skills, Education & Skills Funding Agency, Higher Education Statistics Agency, Higher Education Funding Council for education institutions and organisations performing research and statistical work on behalf of the GLA/ESFA or its partners. The GLA/ESFA also administers the Learner Registration Service (LRS) which will use your information to create and maintain a Unique Learner Number (ULN). The GLA/ESFA is also a co-financing organisation and uses European Social Funds from the European Union to directly or in-directly part-finance learning activities, helping develop employment by promoting employability, business spirit and equal opportunities, and investing in human resources. Further information about partner organisations the ULN and what they do, can be found at: http://www.gov.uk/publications/esfa-privacy-notice
Where sharing is not part of our statutory duties, you can give your consent to be contacted by other third parties about:
Please tick relevant boxes to give your consent.
LRS privacy notice
The information you supply is used by the Learning Records Service (LRS). The LRS issues Unique Learner Numbers (ULN) and creates Personal Learning records across England, Wales and Northern Ireland, and is operated by the Education and Skills Funding Agency, an executive agency of the Department for Education (DfE).For more information about how your information is processed, and to access your Personal Learning Record, please refer to: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/lrs-privacy-notices
I certify that the information I have given on this form is correct and I give my consent to the processing of this information for all purposes relating to my application. I understand that the full details of that processing and my rights in this respect are set out in the Our Newham Learning & Skills (ONLS) Data Protection Policy which is available by contacting LBN. I understand that the information given on this form, including the details of ethnicity, can be used for any matter related to my application for a programme of study. I give my consent to the processing of data on the understanding that the information I have supplied will be used only for the purposes set out above and my consent is conditional upon ONLS complying with its obligations and duties in accordance with the ONLS registration under the Data Protection Act 1998
Please sign and continue to finish enrolling - you can use your mouse or a drawing pad, don't worry about recreating your current signature
Press to reset signature